Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Loaded Veggie Soup

Recipe # 2 of 2013...

Loaded Veggie Soup!

A perk of my job has been getting to know many of the families I work with on a personal basis. We often share recipes and this is one I had to share! It's the best veggie soup recipe I have ever tasted!


Ingredients:
1 Onion
3-4 Ribs of Celery
3 large Carrots 
2 Tsp Olive Oil
Italian Seasoning
1/3 Head of Cabbage
1 Zucchini
1 Squash
1 can of Chick Peas
Kale Greens
2 cans Diced Tomatos 
1 bottle of Low Sodium V8 Regular
1/2 bottle of V8 Spicy 




First: chop up the onion, celery, carrots, zucchini, and squash. Slice the cabbage and kale in thin strips. 



Second: saute all the veggies in 2 tbsp of olive oil until cooked through. 
Third: Once the veggies are cooked, pour the tomatoes and chick peas into the crock pot. Then add squash, zucchini, kale, cabbage, celery, carrots, and onion. 


Finally, pour in V8 juice, italian seasoning, and pepper to season. I only put half of the spicy V8 because I am not a fan of anything spicy.  If you are a fan of spicy, I would definitely suggest putting more in than just half the bottle. 

And....ENJOY!! 






2 comments:

  1. Any idea how many WW points per serving? The V-8 juice makes me think there may be one or two points (a cup serving of V-8 = 1 point on WW).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Myra, I'm not sure about WW points but if you measure out the juice you put in there you can figure it out!

    ReplyDelete