Monday, January 16, 2012

Bursting the Fast Food Bubble



Switching to eating whole foods from processed foods was tough at first but then became easier and easier. Do not give up, I will say this in every post, it didn't happen over night. Change takes time. 

Fast food is fast, convenient, cheap, and so completely unhealthy for you. Do you ever notice the more fast food you eat the hungrier you are? In fast food meals there aren't a good source of protein so basically you are just eating carbs which break down to sugar at a rapid pace. For me, I would feel so full for about an hour and then be just as starving as I was before I ate the burger and fries. In my mind, I felt that if I ate bad one day, I would wake up the next day and work out and counteract what I ate. FALSE. The amount of exercise I actually needed to burn the calories I was eating wasn't even close to the amount I was doing in a week. 

Thanks to my Gold's Gym App, you can type in what you eat and see how much exercise you need to do to burn the calories. 

Here are few examples...



I put 3 because who can just eat 1 piece of sausage?


 Now in case, you do decide you just can't go without a Philly cheese steak, now you know what you should be adding to your work out routine. 

There is also this wonderful Fast Food App that has every fast food place listed and their calories, fat grams, and carbs. This app is amazing. 







One look at it and my craving goes away and I am turning to fruit, veggies, or a hard boiled egg. Once you truly take processed food out of your diet, you don't want them. Take it from me, I never thought that I would be satisfied with a breakfast of a hard boiled egg and 3 strawberries (in fact, I laughed in my nutritionist's face when he told me that SHOULD be a substantial breakfast for someone with my size frame) and now I eat that for breakfast at least 3 times a week. 

So now, that I've showed you my secret to avoiding fast food, here is what I turn to for motivation when it is cold outside and my couch is just too comfortable.

FACT.







Then when all else fails....



Summer is right around the corner :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment